As the only trade association in Europe to exclusively represent the interests of non-European based tyre manufacturers, ITMA conducts a wide range of activities on behalf of its members. However, these are all summarised within its clear set of operating objectives:
- To provide a forum for the discussion of matters of common interest, both technical and commercial
- To disseminate and collect information of mutual and public interest
- To organise trade and governmental contacts beneficial to its members’ businesses
- To act collectively in the interests of the tyre industry and of the consumer
- To seek to promote and advance the interests of a healthy and successful British tyre industry
- Through appointed representatives, play an active part in other industry bodies such as the Tyre Industry Federation (TIF).